1) A healthy family. Even though over the past year we’ve had our scares, our ups and our downs and our rough patches, but everyone now in my family has come out on top. We now have my almost two month old niece Abbey who is happy, healthy and so cute! We are so blessed to have her, to still have all of my grandparents and just have my family in general.
2) My chance to be on Oprah. It was one of the most amazing nights of my life and I’m so thankful that I was blessed to have that experience. I’ve made so many friends from it and I now have memories that I will never lose.
3) my best friend Jessica. Even though she moved to Vermont last year, our friendship is stronger than ever. We have our fights of course, but we always make up in the end. We know each other better than anyone else on earth and our friendship is something that I will cherish forever.
4) My love of art and writing music. Last year, my idea of art was cartoons. Now, it’s museums, artwork I make, music, scultpures, etc. I have changed so much. My artwork has changed dramatically and I discovered a talent and a love for writing music I never knew was there. I am very, very thankful for that.
5) Lady Gaga. She gave me new friends, amazing music and she has helped me in so many ways. She is someone who, like my family and friends, will always be there for me, one way or another.
6) My new bedroom. I used to eat, sleep and live in a very tiny bedroom. It used to be just right, but I out grew it fast. So thankfully, my parents let me move into our basement, which is now covered in posters, artwork, colors and much more. I am so thankful that I now have the perfect space to write, create art and be myself in.
7) Food, shelter, clothing, etc. That’s a given.
My family’s ability to be able to travel all over the country. We meet new people, see new things and we have a lot of laughs along the way, LITERALLY!
9) Being homeschooled. Whenever someone asks me what I’m thankful for, I always say being homeschooled. I’ve seen new places, made amazing friendships and discovered a lot for things that I wouldn’t have known. The phrase “Everything happens for a reason” is beyond true to me.
10) Happy, safe and loving friends. My friends are so amazing to me and they are people I can laugh, cry, dance and much more with. That means a lot to me to be able to have them.
and last but not least…11) EVERYTHING. The things above are the things I am MOST thankful for, but I am really thankful for everything that life has given me. Not just in the last year, but since I was born.